Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Braden had a good night and finally got off his oxygen. He he doing well. He ate all of his bacon and cheese omelet this morning. He is drinking much better this morning and his color looks good. They will observe him till after lunch and if all goes well we can go home this afternoon. Needless to say we are more than ready. I miss my family and cannot wait to hug on lil G. I know B is ready to be home too. He had some emotional moments yesterday evening. Breaks my heart he has to go through it.
Monday, February 20, 2017
My apologies for the delay this morning. Braden moved to the regular floor on 1 liter oxygen yesterday and had a great night. He is eating and moving around more. However, he is still unable to maintain above 92 without oxygen. He is on less than a liter and we think he is just weak. He needs rest and food and one more night and hopefully by end of day he will be off oxygen and we will know if he can handle sleeping without it too. As much as we want to go home we can't do a repeat. It would be harder on all of us than if we just stay and make sure he is good. We will also keep him home for the week and then decide when he can go back to school.
Sunday, February 19, 2017
Braden did great last night. We finally think he has turned the corner. He was more himself yesterday. He willingly sat up for long periods of time in bed and he even ate some applesauce. Hoping by late afternoon evening he will be doing well enough to get out of the ICU. Thank you all for continuing to keepBraden in your thoughts and prayers.
Saturday, February 18, 2017
Well B couldn't stay on just oxygen last night. I'm sure we wore him out with the activity yesterday and he needs to build up additional strength to get past this step and move forward. He is on Cpap this morning and doing fine. We haven't seen the Drs yet but I am pretty sure the goals will be the same. We just keep trying till he takes off. I finally got a decent shower. They had to give me one of the overnite rooms because the public ones didn't have hot water. I call the public ones jail showers. They are cold and creepy. We are afraid if I go home G won't be able to let me leave. He already has a really hard time with just letting me go out with the girls. B is on steroids and antibiotics. So now it's just a waiting game.
Friday, February 17, 2017
Yesterday went really well. B got on Cpap and then just oxygen support at 50% and did great all last night. They were going to try to move us to a transition room which is a new thing but unfortunately they couldn't get the person who approves it at that evening hour. So we stayed here in ICU and this morning B had his little hiccup of dropping his oxygen to 84-85 and they did everything trying to get him back up but he wouldn't comply so now he is back on Cpap. Just for a little bit. He has actually done the same thing the two mornings prior. Sorry to say this is not unusual for one of his stays so we aren't really alarmed by it. When he is ready to leave he will let us know. So we may or may not move today. I guess it depends on how quickly he gets back off the Cpap.
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Braden had a good night. No changes and until they can figure out how to get him off Bipap without nose nairs we are stuck with the big mask. His IV stopped working so early morning wasn't fun for him. But he is all fixed up with a new one and resting again peacefully. Thank you for the additional ecards yesterday. He enjoyed hearing who sent them and looking at the pictures. Child life brought him all kinds of really great goodies but he hasn't been in the mood to play. He has been sad and over it. Amazing he is still a good patient. But he does continue to admitly point everyone who comes in to the door. That's his way of saying nope go away. Poor kid.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
B had a good night. He was able to get some rest and his pressure settings turned down. He does have a cold in addition to his pneumonia. Which we suspected was the same cold G had last week. The hope for today is to try vapotherm again. Which doesnt require the mask. He is still on 60% oxygen support and stays in the 94-95 range. We will also be following up with Bs Pediatrician after this stay. Asthma will most likely be a new diagnosis for B.
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ► 2014 (43)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (55)
- ► 2011 (108)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (99)
- I am a stay at home Mommy to two beautiful boys ages 8 and 6. I am also Mommy to one little girl who blessed us with 13 days of life. Our road may be crazy and full of surprises but in this household Autism exist but doesn't define who my children are or will become. I am also a blogger. I love to write about our families crazy journey through life. We love, laugh and suffer sometimes but we stick together and always seem to keep growing and going.